Stains are common on the carpet and most of the times can be spot cleaned to avoid damage. But the nastiest and severe stain on the carpet is that of oil. Oil stains can spread and fix deep within the fibres and get very hard to get rid of. With time these oil stains will trap a lot of dirt and debris which will further blacken your carpets. This trapped dirt on the oil stain can decolourise your carpet and affect its appearance. Not to mention that oil stains can provide habitat to germs and bacteria. Any pathogen or bacteria will flourish on the oil and compromise your carpet hygiene and home hygiene. Oil stains can have various sources like wax, lotion, eggnog, butter, mayonnaise, cream or cooking oil. You must never ignore any oil stain as it will deteriorate the carpet further. We are providing you with a simple DIY for Carpet Oil Stain Removal. Follow the steps given below and make sure you get rid of oil stains easily
Things you will be Needing:
- Spare Clothes or cleaning papers
- Carpet oil removing soap or detergent
- CornStarch or Baby powder
Steps for Carpet Oil Stain Removal:
- Step 1: Start by freshening the old oil stain by adding some more oil or glycerine. Old oil stains require glycerine to get liquidity and ease out carpet oil stain removal.
- Step 2: After adding glycerine you can use a paper towel to dab the stain. Dab the oil stain repeatedly to absorb extra oil from it. Don’t press the stain too hard or the oil stain will spread further.
- Step 3: Take some cornstarch or baby powder and sprinkle it over the oil stain. Sprinkle enough and pat the oil stain slowly. You can brush the oil stain to remove visible dirt and dust. Add some more baby powder again and cover the oil stain completely with it. Leave the cornstarch powder on the oil stain for an hour.
- Step 4: Since the hour has passed by you should vacuum clean your carpet. Run the vacuum cleaner on the oil stain with cornstarch and extract all the powder and dirt. Run the vacuum cleaner all over the carpet and clean it thoroughly.
- Step 5: If the oil stain is deterrent and stubborn use oil removing soap now. Pour some water on the oil stain and add some oil removing soap. Brush the stain to form lather and keep rubbing it repeatedly.
- Step 6: After cleaning with soap you should dry the oil-stained part of carpet now. Press the towels above and below the oil stain and absorb extra water. Keep pressing and dabbing to make sure no water or oil is left on the stain.
Professional Assistance: Sparkling Cleaning Services, Australia
Sparkling Cleaning Services works round the clock to provide their customers with professional carpet cleaning services. We offer our customers with routine Carpet Cleaning, Carpet Stain Removal and various other carpet cleaning services. Our Professional carpet cleaners can deliver the best carpet cleaning results in no time and that too at affordable price.