Bed bugs are some of the most difficult pests to get rid of. In the recent era, bed bugs have undergone resurgence and have built up a resistance against the common pesticides. These pesky little things are expert in hiding in small places and make bed bug elimination hard once they take the hold of your place. Including your bed, they can be found in any place where you sit, lounge, and relax. Hence, bed bug control is very necessary as soon as you notice them in your house. And of the biggest reason for heavy bed bug infestation is the failure to recognize their presence in your home. Though bed bug elimination is a difficult task, it can be achieved. We have brought you the effective method that can help in bed bug control and killing.
A Complete Guide to Treat Bed Bugs and Get Rid of them Completely.
Treating bed bugs can is a long and time-consuming procedure, and can take from weeks to months. Complete bed bug elimination depends on the extents of infestation. These are the following steps to kill bed bugs and prevent them from coming back.
Identify the Issue
- Recognize the bed bug bites. Bites mostly happen during the night and resemble mosquito bites. If bed bug infestation is serious, then these bites can occur during the daytime as well. Unlike mosquito bites, these bites can cause intense itching.
- Blood stains on your bed sheet is another indication of bed bug infestation.
- Look for dark and rusty excrement on your mattress, bed sheet or pillowcases.
Perform the Required Treatment
- Wash the curtains, clothing, bedding and other necessary things in hot water and use highest dryer settings to dry them. Or you can let them dry under the sun.
- Remove bed bugs and their eggs by scrubbing using a stiff bristle brush.
- Vacuum your bed and upholstery thoroughly. When the vacuuming is completed, put the vacuum cleaner bag in a plastic bag and seal it. Throw the bag outside immediately.
- Enclose the mattress in a tightly fitted zipped cover to keep bed bug entering and escaping from the mattress. And don’t remove the cover before a year, as bed bugs can survive up to 1 year with feeding. So, removing the cover after 1 year will ensure that all the bed bugs are dead.
- Treat the places where bed bugs can hide. This may include sealing the cracks and glue down the peeling wallpapers.
- Don’t let the clutters accumulated around the bed and surroundings.
- Clean your home and surroundings regularly.
Prevent Bed Bug Infestation
- Always use a protective cover on your mattress and box spring, so, there are no hiding spots for the bed bugs.
- If you are buying a secondhand furniture or bed, make sure there are no signs of bed bug infestation.
- Get rid of clutter from your home in order to prevent bed bug infestations.
- Vacuum your home on regular basis.
Hire the Professional Help
Bed bug control can be achieved by regular cleaning of your home and fixing their hiding place. But getting rid of them completely demands chemical treatment. And applying chemical around your bedding is certainly harmful to your and your family’s health. Hence, the safest option for bed bug elimination is to hire a professional team. We at Sparkling Cleaning Services provide the best pest control services in Brisbane and Melbourne. We know the exact techniques for bed bug pest control and use the effective and eco-friendly medicines. So, call us today and rid of these troublesome creatures completely.
Read more about- How to Get Rid of Bed Bugs From Your Home?