Tiles and grout are considered to be an essential and integral part of our home decor. Any tile installation can enhance the interior decor with its amazing colours and designs. Tiles can come in a variety of shapes, colours, designs and types and almost each of them requires maintenance. Tiles placed in our bathrooms and kitchens are prone to damage as they come in contact with water and moisture.
The most dangerous damage to any tile installation can come from black mould. Black mould or mildew is a fungus that can infest any tile installation and spread throughout your homes. Black mould is hazardous for human health and can also destroy any tile installation. Mould is very difficult to get rid of and it can even reappear even after treatment. Professional tile cleaners can be hired for tile and grout mould removal asap.
Any exposure to black mould can cause disease and allergies to healthy individuals. Mild and less severe mould infestations on bathroom tiles can be treated at home by yourself. In this blog, we are going to provide a DIY for tile mould removal home. Follow the steps mentioned below and eradicate black mould from your bathroom tiles yourself.
DIY For Tile And Grout Mould Removal
Things You Need:
- Baking Soda
- White Vinegar
- Clove Oil
- Warm Water
- Empty Spray Bottle
- Nylon Bristle Brush
- Sponge Or any plain cloth.
Steps For Tile Mould Removal
- First, you need to clean the mould affected tiles with a wet cloth rinsed in detergent water solution. Cleaning the mould stained tiles will help in eradicating dirt and debris and lose chunks of black mould.
- Now you need to prepare a solution of white vinegar with warm water and keep the quantity the same. Add some drops of clove oil to this vinegar solution. Pour the vinegar and clove oil solution into an empty spray bottle.
- Using the spray bottle, spray the vinegar solution on the mould affected tiles. Saturate the tiles and mould with this solution.
- Add some baking soda powder into a bowl and make a thick paste with water. Baking soda paste needs to be applied to mould affected tiles. Make sure you cover the entire surface of tiles with this baking soda paste.
- Now spray the vinegar solution again on the affected tiles where you applied soda paste. White vinegar and baking soda will kill black mould and also eradicate all the germs and pathogens to deliver tile sanitisation.
- When the soda pasting has dried, you may need to wash the tiles. Pour some detergent and warm water over to the tile installation. Using a hard nylon-bristle brush. Clean the affected tiles again and again. Rub and scrub the black layer of mould and keep rubbing till all the blackness fades away and remove soda pasting as well.
- After soda, pasting has been removed and mould has vanished you may now wash or clean the tiles. Clean the tiles using a wet cloth or sponge rinsed in detergent water solution. Clean again till the tiles are shining bright and mould free.
We are an established firm in the field of professional tile and grout cleaning Adelaide. We offer high-quality professional tile cleaning services at low and reasonable costs. We have a highly skilled and trained staff of professional tile cleaners. With years of training and experience, they can handle and clean any tile installation in no time.
We use the best commercial products and solvents for tiler stain removal and tile grout cleaning Brisbane. Tiles are a big part of your home environment and poor maintenance can affect your health as well.
Read More Here: – Why You Should Get Your Carpets Professionally Cleaned?